Email marketing is 40 Times more effective than Facebook and Twitter marketing combinedMcKinsey and Company Study
Email Marketing is one of the most overlooked marketing programs for businesses, both big and small. In fact, the global consulting firm, McKinsey and Company did a study and found email marketing is 40 times more effective than Twitter and Facebook marketing combined.
There are several reasons for this including:
- 98% of internet users have an email address. Compare this to Facebook with a 70% penetration rate and Twitter at 30%
- You don’t need to worry about algorithm changes that determine if your customer sees your message
- You own your list. No matter if Facebook or Twitter go out of business, you will always own your email list.
- Easier to personalize the message.
- Easier to add value to a prospect.
It can take up to 7 visits before a prospect makes a purchase
How do we get customers to keep coming back? We use “Lead Magnets” to entice visitors to sign up to our list. A lead magnet is anything of value to a prospect. It can be as simple as a coupon, but we prefer to use either PDF’s or small video courses that adds a ton of value, gets them used to your brand and makes it easier to ask for the sale.
For my restaurant clients, a “Birthday Club” is an effective way to market to people on the very days they want to go out to dinner, a day of celebration.
The beauty of email marketing, is your ability to automate the entire process using an email marketing system. These system start as little as $50 a month and are one of the best investments you can make.